About the Property
Thank you for your interest in employment at The Hotel at Oberlin and 1833 Restaurant! Located on the campus of Oberlin College, our location ensures our guests need to only park once – and then can easily walk to all things to see and do in downtown Oberlin. Offering a memorable, and a sustainable visit to our guests is at the heart of all we do.
As one of the most sustainable hotels in the U.S., the success of our hotel is driven by the commitment, attitude, and performance of our team members. Achieving a high level of client and guest satisfaction is a challenging task requiring enthusiastic team players in a wide variety of positions. We seek qualified candidates who share our values and the desire to create a warm and professional hospitality environment.
We invite you to express your interest by completing the employment form below.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of restaurant service
- High aptitude in working with numbers and able to efficiently use a calculator
Experience / Education:
Minimum 2 years’ of supervisory customer service experience with at least 1 year of full-service dining experience; management experience preferred; high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience
Work is performed in a hotel environment; This position is physically demanding as it requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Moderate computer keying using both hands, and viewing material on a computer screen. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below