About the Property
At the Beacon Hill Hotel, we’re always looking for smart, talented, service-minded people to join our team. Whether you’re looking for a position as a chef, a receptionist, a hospitality manager, or a housekeeping employee, we have a place for you here. The Beacon Hill Hotel is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Effective listening and communication, initiative, ability to work independently and in teams, and the ability to lead by example are necessary skills. You must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion, display effective problem-solving skills, and provide excellent customer service. Additionally, the General Manager must have the ability to multi-task, maintain composure under pressure, and display a high level of professionalism, integrity, and follow through.
Benefits and pay range
- Salary range of $140,000-$160,000 a year plus year-end bonus potential
- This position qualifies for a full benefits package including medical, dental, short-term disability, 401K plus matching potential, life insurance, and hotel travel benefits.
Hotel and management company links
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others; earn and maintain trust and respect
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
Experience / Education
Minimum of 5 years of leadership, management or supervisory experience preferred, as well as a college degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
Financial Results, Guest Service Scores, Inspections, and STAR Reports; 90 Day performance review, on-going feedback from supervisor, attendance, productivity, feedback from others.
To apply for this job, please use the form below