About the Property
The bluegrass of Kentucky meets the rolling hills of Appalachia at The Historic Boone Tavern Hotel & Restaurant. Our storied hotel in Berea, KY is in its second century of providing guests with the pinnacle of southern hospitality and charm.
Our LEED Gold Certified Green Hotel celebrates all things local. After all, Berea is the Folk Arts and Crafts Capital of Kentucky and is home to many artists, craftsmen, and culinary experts. You’ll enjoy our relaxing guestrooms, showcasing handcrafted furniture, bedding, and mirrors, many of which were made by Berea College students. These rooms are accented with crown molding, high ceilings, and calming soaking tubs.
The charisma seeps into the Bowling Dining Room as well. Our award-winning restaurant features the legendary cornbread soufflé locally known as Boone Tavern Spoonbread, among other mouth-watering original dishes that source regional Kentucky Proud ingredients.
Thank you for your interest in our available positions. Please complete the employment form below and share with us a little bit more about yourself.
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact, and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately manage time to meet job demands, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong sales & relationship management skills
- Strong aptitude in working with numbers and comprehending Excel spreadsheets
- Keyboarding and general office administration skills
- fdc experience or similar sales software needed.
Experience / Education:
Sales and/or hotel experience preferred; high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience; Delphi.fdc a plus.
Work is performed in a hotel environment; this position requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Frequent computer keying using both hands, and viewing material on a computer screen. Working at a desk, viewing spreadsheets and other written material. (PDC is physically demanding, requiring extended periods of walking and standing.) Flexible work hours may require an occasional night or weekend. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable eligible individuals to perform essential functions.
Historic Boone Tavern Hotel & Restaurant
100 Main Street
Berea KY, 40404
TITLE: Sales Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
FT/PT: Full Time
To apply for this job, please use the form below