About the Property
The Howard Johnson Portsmouth offers fresh insight into the world of hospitality. Our family-like work environment with coworkers who go above and beyond, make the Howard Johnson Portsmouth an enjoyable place to be. Our management team encourages a down to earth environment with an open door policy. We create an environment with flexible scheduling and personally tailored training to allow our customer-centric employees to exceed.
Formally known as America's Best Inn, we rebranded as Howard Johnson Portsmouth in 2017 with a complete guestroom refresh and systems update. Portsmouth is a booming market for leisure and business with consistent additions to the business district of downtown Portsmouth.
Our customers are our number one priority here at HOJO’s. We require that anyone joining our team have quality customer service skills and we expect our guests to always receive above and beyond service from all members of our team. In order to do this, members of our team must have great attention to detail, outstanding positive attitude, and strive to continuously improve their skills and the services we provide.
We offer competitive pay and flexible work hours flexible schedules, to accommodate our team members needs while being mindful of the hotel and guest needs. In addition, we also offer benefits such as discounted rates at Wyndham Hotel properties as well as management owned and operated hotels.
With our property being located at the Portsmouth traffic circle, all our employees and guests have easy access from the highway to our property. Whether you’re coming from route 16, Interstate 95 or route 1, all roads lead to us. Our location makes recommending dining, shopping, and entertainment a breeze as we are less than a mile from the heart of downtown Portsmouth. Whether guests are looking to go to a great concert or festival, eat seafood, or shop at locally owned stores, downtown Portsmouth has it all.
If you would like to join our team, please complete the employment form below.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Possess knowledge of appropriate and safe selection and use of cleaning equipment and chemicals for variety of purposes
- Mechanical, and/or functional knowledge of guest room features such as: Showers, HVAC units, thermostats, fireplace (where applicable) etc.
- Skilled in performing carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, and HVAC maintenance and repair
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems including: fire alarm, sprinkler systems, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems along with their proper maintenance
Minimum 2 years’ of supervisory experience in building maintenance or equivalent combination of experience in the trade.
This position is physically demanding and requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and lifting up to 65 pounds. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below