About the Property
Where “Luxury Comes Naturally.” Inn by the Sea, Southern Maine’s premier oceanfront resort noted for its authentic service, inspiring accommodations tailored to families, pet travel, and business clientele have been in business for 34 successful years. Our winning recipe is our people, who consistently provide an approachable service and working environment.
With dedicated focus on all things local and environmentally responsible programming, ranging from authentic culinary experiences that delight to celebrating wellness in our award-winning spa, Inn by the Sea is the perfect choice for both the experiential driven traveler and for those seeking employment in a world-class environment.
We are always looking for people to join an award winning team! Our success and national recognition as a leading coastal resort property are driven by the participation, commitment, and performance of our valued team members. Ranging from one to nearly thirty years’ service, our team brings tremendous value through their shared experiences and dedicated tenure. The inn’s team efforts are noted annually on many prestigious listings such as landing a spot on the Travel + Leisure top 100 hotels in the world, Conde Nast Traveler’s best coastal resort, and upholding the esteemed AAA Four Diamond award – to name a few.
Achieving high levels of guest satisfaction coupled with strong financial performance is a challenging task requiring qualified and talented associates in a wide variety of positions. We are seeking highly motivated, qualified candidates who embrace an “inn-keeping” approach to service culture and can live our company values - Fun, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
We look forward to learning more about you and thank you again for your interest in employment with Inn by the Sea!
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer/printer/photocopier/fax/phone technical problems
Experience / Education:
2 plus years’ of guest services experience required (preferably in a hotel environment); management or previous supervisory experience preferred; associates degree and/or equivalent work experience; Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Work is performed in a hotel environment. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Potentially requires extended periods of walking or standing, frequent computer keying using both hands, and viewing material on a computer screen. There is also the potential for kneeling and lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below