About the Property
Where “Luxury Comes Naturally.” Inn by the Sea, Southern Maine’s premier oceanfront resort noted for its authentic service, inspiring accommodations tailored to families, pet travel, and business clientele have been in business for 34 successful years. Our winning recipe is our people, who consistently provide an approachable service and working environment.
With dedicated focus on all things local and environmentally responsible programming, ranging from authentic culinary experiences that delight to celebrating wellness in our award-winning spa, Inn by the Sea is the perfect choice for both the experiential driven traveler and for those seeking employment in a world-class environment.
We are always looking for people to join an award winning team! Our success and national recognition as a leading coastal resort property are driven by the participation, commitment, and performance of our valued team members. Ranging from one to nearly thirty years’ service, our team brings tremendous value through their shared experiences and dedicated tenure. The inn’s team efforts are noted annually on many prestigious listings such as landing a spot on the Travel + Leisure top 100 hotels in the world, Conde Nast Traveler’s best coastal resort, and upholding the esteemed AAA Four Diamond award – to name a few.
Achieving high levels of guest satisfaction coupled with strong financial performance is a challenging task requiring qualified and talented associates in a wide variety of positions. We are seeking highly motivated, qualified candidates who embrace an “inn-keeping” approach to service culture and can live our company values - Fun, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
We look forward to learning more about you and thank you again for your interest in employment with Inn by the Sea!
This employee must display effective listening and communication skills, initiative, ability to work independently and in teams, and lead by example. He/she must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion, display effective problem solving skills, and provide excellent customer service. Additionally, he/she must have the ability to multi-task, maintain composure under pressure, and display a high level of professionalism, integrity, and follow through.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and monitor daily schedule to ensure adequate coverage based on forecasted occupancy
- Assist in daily cleaning and inspection of rooms and public areas to ensure compliance with department standards and guest expectations, i.e. check all vacant rooms each day to ensure cleanliness standards are being met, (last check for “First Impression” – drapes, beds & skirts, chairs, lamps, towels, toiletries, carpet, halls are clear of equipment and trash, etc.)
- Assist in performing Room Attendant duties per staffing needs (i.e. ability to clean a minimum of 14 rooms at approximately 30 minutes each)
- Maintains accurate/organized records of discrepancies found in guest rooms to use for training purposes
- Maintain internal control of hotel’s Master keys – must be signed out, turned in daily and kept under lock and key
- Ensure all guest supplies are replenished daily consistent with brand standards
- Verify items in guestroom are in good working order including TV’s, lights, radio/clocks, hair dryer, coffee makers, A/C, heat
- Promote security by keeping doors locked; always restrict access to guestrooms and keep keys on person; keep carts in front of doorways while inside the guestroom
- Maintenance of hotel Lost and Found program
- Identify, communicate and follow-up on maintenance issues; utilize Olympia ALICE system to assist with workflow and follow up
- Formalize and maintain SOPs for Housekeeping; create and execute training program for all housekeeping positions
- Complete daily forms as needed, i.e. status changes, performance log, accident reports, housekeeping logs with times, averages, etc.
- Follow labels and MSDS instructions for proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants and solutions used in the work areas
- Operate hotel equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Wear protective gear such as gloves, goggles, kneepads to work safely and prevent injury
- Ensure that linen pars are accurate and monthly inventories are completed
- Ensure housekeeping equipment is in good working condition, i.e. carts, vacuums, mops, etc.
- Prior to employees commencing their job duties, provide department/position specific safety orientation and safety training for any employees who are new to your department, or are assuming new duties. Provide ongoing safety training as needed or required. For example:
- If responsible for Maintenance or Housekeeping staff, ensure they are familiar with OSHA workplace safety standards as they pertain to the hotel, safe lifting, use of ladders, use of chemicals
- Promote the company Safety Policies and Procedures; participate in Safety Committee meetings; take appropriate action to remedy safety concerns
Manager Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Support the hotel in achieving high performance levels in service and profitability
- Hold self and others accountable for achieving results
- Support a culture that promotes high employee morale and performance
- Provide strong leadership, motivate staff to reflect a high level of enthusiasm and guest satisfaction
- Respond to guest/employee concerns or complaints in a timely and courteous manner; (ability to effectively problem solve)
- Effectively coach, motivate, lead and resolve employee concerns by timely communicating on-going positive and constructive feedback
- Keep timely & accurate documentation via performance log, attendance record, and corrective action form. (Must partner with GM/HR on all terminations)
- Schedule staffing and assignment of daily duties to meet hotel needs while effectively controlling payroll
- Interview, select, train, and orient employees per OHM’s process and procedures
- Ensure that payroll standards are being met (Verify compliance with PTO and Holiday pay policy)
- Review daily Time & Attendance punches in payroll and maintain Attendance Spreadsheet (log), accurately reflecting reasons for occurrences
- Train team how to punch in, out and transfer departments (holds employees accountable)
- Use meetings, memos or bulletins to keep staff informed of hotel events, policies, etc.
To apply for this job, please use the form below