About the Property
Where “Luxury Comes Naturally.” Inn by the Sea, Southern Maine’s premier oceanfront resort noted for its authentic service, inspiring accommodations tailored to families, pet travel, and business clientele have been in business for 34 successful years. Our winning recipe is our people, who consistently provide an approachable service and working environment.
With dedicated focus on all things local and environmentally responsible programming, ranging from authentic culinary experiences that delight to celebrating wellness in our award-winning spa, Inn by the Sea is the perfect choice for both the experiential driven traveler and for those seeking employment in a world-class environment.
We are always looking for people to join an award winning team! Our success and national recognition as a leading coastal resort property are driven by the participation, commitment, and performance of our valued team members. Ranging from one to nearly thirty years’ service, our team brings tremendous value through their shared experiences and dedicated tenure. The inn’s team efforts are noted annually on many prestigious listings such as landing a spot on the Travel + Leisure top 100 hotels in the world, Conde Nast Traveler’s best coastal resort, and upholding the esteemed AAA Four Diamond award – to name a few.
Achieving high levels of guest satisfaction coupled with strong financial performance is a challenging task requiring qualified and talented associates in a wide variety of positions. We are seeking highly motivated, qualified candidates who embrace an “inn-keeping” approach to service culture and can live our company values - Fun, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
We look forward to learning more about you and thank you again for your interest in employment with Inn by the Sea!
- Welcome and check-in guests in a friendly and efficient manner, demonstrate excellent customer service and phone etiquette
- Accountable for assigned cash drawer(s) and cash balances (make correct change)
- Answer and transfer calls in timely (preferably 3 rings) and courteous fashion
- Manage all aspects of the reservations process (process room reservations, secure deposit and send confirmation); use suggestive selling techniques, stay abreast of local rates, in-house strategy, group and special rate plans and packages, available inventory, etc.
- Monitor reservations e-mail account; reply to e-mail correspondence in a timely, courteous, and professional manner; process e-mail requests/reservations accordingly
- Understand how to check room availability and housekeeping/maintenance status, ensure against overbooking, and that guests are provided an inspected room
- Maintain full knowledge of all room types, features, locations, rates
- Verify accuracy of information in property management system by entering data correctly and checking daily arrivals
- Effectively handle all guest inquiries, requests and complaints; confirm guest needs have been met; timely alert manager on duty to any unresolved complaints
- Communicate effectively with all departments
- Develop a working knowledge of local attractions, business locations, and points of interest
- Review daily activities and groups, communicate details with co-workers and guests as needed
- Direct traffic inside the hotel with vendors, overnight guests, employees, meeting attendees, restaurant/ lounge guests, visitors
- Know location, basic troubleshooting and relevant contact list for all major hotel systems
- Knowledge of all hotels services, amenities, and hours of operation
- May be first point of contact during any emergency; be familiar with all emergency procedures as documented in hotel Emergency Manuals
- Accurately handle all in-house accounts including guest names, room charges, methods of payment, special requests, etc.
- Handle services for guests including guest mail, messages, telephone calls, faxes, wake-up calls, after-hours requests (i.e., extra towels, pillows etc.) ,and general inquiries
- Confirm guest satisfaction at check-out and take appropriate corrective action if necessary. Say, “Thank you.”
- Perform daily reporting requirements based on specific hotel needs
- Ensure transfer of information from shift to shift at the Front Desk
- Keep adequate inventory of front desk and guest supplies available at all times. Communicate shortages as necessary
- Understand operation of guest room features, i.e. HVAC units, thermostats, showers, windows, etc.
Provide high-level customer service, communicate effectively with guests and team members, follow instructions, ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, and maintain composure when working under pressure; demonstrates very good phone skills.
Experience / Education:
Prior customer service experience is preferred; high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience preferred, but not required.
This is a physically demanding job that requires extended periods of walking and standing with some bending and lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (See Physical Requirements section for detailed information).
To apply for this job, please use the form below