About the Home Office
The Olympia Companies home office is situated in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine along the bustling working waterfront. Portland ongoingly tops several "best of" lists including "Most Liveable City" by Forbes.com, one of the "Coolest Small Cities in America" by GQ, and Forbes "Best Cities for Young Professionals".
The team at the Olympia Home Office supports our growing portfolio of owned and third-party managed hotels by living our values every day of FUN, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do and we use them as guides to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis. We expect excellence from ourselves, from management, and hotel staff in every property we manage. We continuously seek out ways to improve ourselves and the services we deliver.
Perks for working in the Home Office include travel discounts at our managed hotels, medical, dental, and vision benefits available, paid time off, and 401k plans, as well as free parking within walking distance.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others; earn and maintain trust and respect
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
Experience / Education:
Minimum of 5 years of leadership, management or supervisory experience preferred, as well as a college degree and/or equivalent work experience
Financial Results, Guest Service Scores, Inspections, and STAR Reports; 90 Day performance review, on-going feedback from supervisor, attendance, productivity, feedback from others
Work is performed in a hotel environment; Requires some overnight travel and flexible working hours including nights and weekends; extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Potentially requires extended periods of walking or standing, moderate computer keying using both hands, working at a desk, and viewing spreadsheets and other written material on a computer screen. There is also the potential for kneeling and lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below