About the Home Office
The Olympia Companies home office is situated in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine along the bustling working waterfront. Portland ongoingly tops several "best of" lists including "Most Liveable City" by Forbes.com, one of the "Coolest Small Cities in America" by GQ, and Forbes "Best Cities for Young Professionals".
The team at the Olympia Home Office supports our growing portfolio of owned and third-party managed hotels by living our values every day of FUN, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do and we use them as guides to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis. We expect excellence from ourselves, from management, and hotel staff in every property we manage. We continuously seek out ways to improve ourselves and the services we deliver.
Perks for working in the Home Office include travel discounts at our managed hotels, medical, dental, and vision benefits available, paid time off, and 401k plans, as well as free parking within walking distance.
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e., e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency. Experience in the professional use of social media a plus.
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
Experience / Education:
Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred. College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Hotel experience preferred.
90 Day performance review, on-going feedback from supervisor, attendance, productivity, feedback from others, etc.
Work is performed in a hybrid model environment. Potentially requires extended periods of walking or standing, computer keying, working at a desk, and viewing spreadsheets and other written material. There is also potential for kneeling and lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Flexible work hours including nights and weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIympia Hotel Management
7 Custom House Street
Portland ME, 04101
TITLE: Property Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Olympia Hotel Management
FT/PT: Full Time
RATE OF PAY: $23-$24
To apply for this job, please use the form below