About the Property
Residence Inn Charlottesville Downtown offers guests a home-away-from-home, with proximity to all of the must-see historic and acclaimed destinations. Guests can spend the day exploring the grounds of Monticello - the primary plantation of former President Thomas Jefferson, attend a lecture or tour the historic campus of the University of Virginia, or spend the day shopping and dining at the Downtown Mall.
We seek qualified candidates who share our values and the desire to create a warm and professional hospitality environment.
Thank you for your interest in our available positions. Please complete the employment form below and share with us a little bit more about yourself.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
Experience / Education:
Minimum of 3 years of leadership, management or supervisory experience preferred, as well as a college degree and/or equivalent work experience; solid working knowledge of the principles and practices within the Hospitality Profession, including experiential knowledge required for management of people and complex problems; understand the operations of other departments, i.e. Sales, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage and Engineering; Associates Degree and/or equivalent work experience; Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Financial Results, Guest Service Scores, Inspections, and STAR Reports; 90 Day performance review, on-going feedback from supervisor, attendance, productivity, feedback from others
Work is performed in a hotel environment. Requires some overnight travel and flexible working hours including nights and weekends; extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Potentially requires extended periods of walking or standing, moderate computer keying using both hands, working at a desk, and viewing spreadsheets and other written material on a computer screen. There is also the potential for kneeling and lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below