About the Property
Our success and national recognition as a leading coastal resort property are driven by the participation, commitment, and performance of our valued team members.
Achieving high levels of guest satisfaction and strong financial performance is a challenging task requiring qualified and talented associates in a wide variety of positions. We seek highly motivated, qualified candidates who embrace an innkeeping service culture and live our values - Fun, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability and Continuous Improvement. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
We look forward to learning more about you and thank you again for your interest in employment with Inn by the Sea.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact, and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others; earn and maintain trust and respect
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e., e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of restaurant service
- High aptitude in working with numbers and able to efficiently use a calculator
A minimum of 3 years of related work experience required; management or previous supervisory experience preferred; college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience; Serv-Safe Certification required.
Work is performed in a hotel environment; This position is physically demanding as it requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and lifting to 50 pounds. Moderate computer keying using both hands and viewing material on a computer screen. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodation may be made to eligible employees to perform the essential functions.
40 Bowery Beach Road
Cape Elizabeth ME, 04107
TITLE: Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
FT/PT: Full Time
RATE OF PAY: Ability to work flexible schedules (including weekends, nights, holidays) to meet hotel/guest needs
To apply for this job, please use the form below