About the Property
LIVE YOUR PASSION BY OPENING THE DOOR TO UNLIMITED CAREER SUCCESS
The Award-Winning Alfond Inn is located steps from iconic sights, fine dining, and renowned shopping streets in heart of Winter Park’s famed historic downtown. Where Winter Park charm meets modern elegance, set just down from the self-acclaimed “Rodeo Drive” of Orlando, The Park Avenue.
Immerse yourself in boutique luxury and modern style at the Alfond Inn, a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts LVX collection, a AAA Four Diamond hotel garnering awards such as Travel & Leisure – Best 100 Hotels in the World, Travel & Leisure – Top 15 Best City Hotels in the Continental U.S., Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Choice Awards: Top 10 Hotels in the U.S., Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Choice Awards: Best Hotels in Florida and U.S. News & World Report – Best Hotels in U.S.
The Alfond Inn is a hotel full of luxury, a captivating restaurant, and artful experiences. The hotel features curated contemporary art and is located in a culture-rich destination. Hamilton’s Kitchen, the hotels award-winning restaurant and lounge, mixes creative dishes and cocktails with storied atmospheres. Hotel experiences include chef tables, wine blending, art-tours, energized events and more. Our associates deliver the brand in extraordinary ways, inviting guests to wander so they may be inspired.
At the Alfond Inn, we know that only part of our success is due to our stunning property and breathtaking location. We need you to do what counts. The Alfond Inn prides itself on a boutique hotel experience that thrives on superior guest service. With an instinctive ability to host, an Alfond Inn associate is inspired to take a personal sense of ownership in creating truly memorable experiences for each guest. Our associates are real, honest, and passionate.
We seek to create a meaningful experience for our guests that set us apart and drive guest loyalty. As a member of the Alfond Inn family, you will enjoy access to:
Experienced Leadership & Professional Development
With over 25 hotels and over 1000 employees, Olympia Hotel Management and on-property hotel teams have the experience and insight to help you truly excel. Many of our key executives began their very own hospitality careers with us from the front of the house and have grown their career right alongside their passion.
With a unique blend of extensive online learning and on-site training Olympia Hotel Management associates are set up with the keys to a successful career in hospitality. Alfond Inn and OHM encourage growth and development within our hotel and company. Customized learning plans allow our team to build the skills and knowledge needed for peak performance. In addition, each associate receives access to a comprehensive video training library, including state required certifications.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K, Vacation and Sick Leave benefits are available to each associate. The Alfond Inn is also pleased to offer an Associate Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive associate rates for rest and relaxation. The Alfond Inn and OHM also encourages team building activities as well as giving back the communities in which we work and live through regular volunteering and select charity promotions throughout the year.
The Alfond Inn family is eager to introduce you to a world of exceptional guest service by immersing you into the warmth of hospitality.
We invite you to complete the below employment for so we can get to know each other.
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately manage time to meet job demands, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong sales & relationship management skills
- Strong aptitude in working with numbers and comprehending Excel spreadsheets
- Keyboarding and general office administration skills
- fdc experience or similar sales software needed.
Experience / Education:
Sales and/or hotel experience preferred; high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience; Delphi.fdc a plus.
Work is performed in a hotel environment; this position requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Frequent computer keying using both hands, and viewing material on a computer screen. Working at a desk, viewing spreadsheets and other written material. (PDC is physically demanding, requiring extended periods of walking and standing.) Flexible work hours may require an occasional night or weekend. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants who are offered employment with The Alfond Inn will be subject to a criminal background check. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of that background check.
To apply for this job, please use the form below