About the Property
LIVE YOUR PASSION BY OPENING THE DOOR TO UNLIMITED CAREER SUCCESS
The Award-Winning Alfond Inn is located steps from iconic sights, fine dining, and renowned shopping streets in heart of Winter Park’s famed historic downtown. Where Winter Park charm meets modern elegance, set just down from the self-acclaimed “Rodeo Drive” of Orlando, The Park Avenue.
Immerse yourself in boutique luxury and modern style at the Alfond Inn, a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts LVX collection, a AAA Four Diamond hotel garnering awards such as Travel & Leisure – Best 100 Hotels in the World, Travel & Leisure – Top 15 Best City Hotels in the Continental U.S., Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Choice Awards: Top 10 Hotels in the U.S., Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Choice Awards: Best Hotels in Florida and U.S. News & World Report – Best Hotels in U.S.
The Alfond Inn is a hotel full of luxury, a captivating restaurant, and artful experiences. The hotel features curated contemporary art and is located in a culture-rich destination. Hamilton’s Kitchen, the hotels award-winning restaurant and lounge, mixes creative dishes and cocktails with storied atmospheres. Hotel experiences include chef tables, wine blending, art-tours, energized events and more. Our associates deliver the brand in extraordinary ways, inviting guests to wander so they may be inspired.
At the Alfond Inn, we know that only part of our success is due to our stunning property and breathtaking location. We need you to do what counts. The Alfond Inn prides itself on a boutique hotel experience that thrives on superior guest service. With an instinctive ability to host, an Alfond Inn associate is inspired to take a personal sense of ownership in creating truly memorable experiences for each guest. Our associates are real, honest, and passionate.
We seek to create a meaningful experience for our guests that set us apart and drive guest loyalty. As a member of the Alfond Inn family, you will enjoy access to:
Experienced Leadership & Professional Development
With over 25 hotels and over 1000 employees, Olympia Hotel Management and on-property hotel teams have the experience and insight to help you truly excel. Many of our key executives began their very own hospitality careers with us from the front of the house and have grown their career right alongside their passion.
With a unique blend of extensive online learning and on-site training Olympia Hotel Management associates are set up with the keys to a successful career in hospitality. Alfond Inn and OHM encourage growth and development within our hotel and company. Customized learning plans allow our team to build the skills and knowledge needed for peak performance. In addition, each associate receives access to a comprehensive video training library, including state required certifications.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K, Vacation and Sick Leave benefits are available to each associate. The Alfond Inn is also pleased to offer an Associate Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive associate rates for rest and relaxation. The Alfond Inn and OHM also encourages team building activities as well as giving back the communities in which we work and live through regular volunteering and select charity promotions throughout the year.
The Alfond Inn family is eager to introduce you to a world of exceptional guest service by immersing you into the warmth of hospitality.
We invite you to complete the below employment for so we can get to know each other.
The Spa Director is responsible for the day-to day operations of the facility to include establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other revenue centers on property, and professionally represents the facility and the Alfond Inn. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and Alfond Inn.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operation manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance.
- Uses a template to develop a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and forwards recommended changes to the client with Account Executive’s approval.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with Alfond Inn policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Assesses all employees’ progress continually, trains employees, coaches’ employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback using comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is always safe and secure.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures the successful integration of the spa and the fitness facility into the overall operations of the hotel.
- Ensures that the spa is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
- Implements a strategy to contact conference groups and promotes spa services to attendees.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the client’s accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Corporate Risk Management Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
- 2+ years of successful spa management experience.
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotions.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft, Book4Time or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and treatment products.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
The Alfond Inn
300 East New England Avenue
Winter Park FL, 32789
TITLE: Spa Director
FT/PT: Full Time
To apply for this job, please use the form below