Director of Food & Beverage
About the Property
At the newly opened The Glen House Hotel, our guests experience authentic New England with majestic mountain views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. Our hotel features 68 guestrooms with amenities our guests expect and need such as a spacious lobby, heated indoor saltwater pool, fitness center, and a full-service restaurant and tavern, The Notch Grille. Situated on the campus of the Mount Washington Auto Road and Great Glen Trails, The Glen House is a four-season destination offering guests access to walking trails, hiking, biking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, drive yourself and guided tours, and so much more. The Glen House is a proud recipient of the Gold level certification in the NH Green Hospitality Program.
We pride ourselves on our unique “team friendly” approach to employment. We celebrate and understand the value of each and every player and the role they play in our day to day operations. We are dedicated to living our core values every day, which guide us in anticipating our guest and team member needs while exceeding expectations.
We invite you to join our team by completing the employment form below.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy
- – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Purchasing – knowledge of projecting for and ordering supplies and anticipating capital expenditures
- Legal Compliance – Trained in local and state beverage service laws
- High aptitude with numbers and able to efficiently use a calculator
- Microsoft Excel, keyboarding and office skills
Experience / Education:
A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience required; management or previous supervisory experience preferred; college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience; Serve-Safe Certification
90 Day performance review, on-going feedback from supervisor, attendance, productivity, feedback from others
Work is performed in a hotel environment; This position is physically demanding as it requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Moderate computer keying using both hands, and viewing material on a computer screen. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable eligible individuals to perform the essential functions.
The Glen House
979 NH Rt 16
Gorham NH, 03581
TITLE: Director of Food & Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
FT/PT: Full Time
To apply for this job, please use the form below