About the Property
Modern, Progressive, and Thoughtful
1833, located inside The Hotel at Oberlin, on the campus of Oberlin College, named for the year the city of Oberlin and Oberlin College was founded. Our guests is at the heart of all we do. 1833 offerings are a nod towards the rich history and progressive future. Cool Crafted Classics menu offerings with locally sourced food and beverage. Chef Jim Barnhart, a native of Lorain County, creates fresh, approachable offerings using the latest techniques.
The success of our hotel is driven by the commitment, attitude, and performance of our team members. Achieving a high level of client and guest satisfaction is a challenging task requiring enthusiastic team players in a wide variety of positions. We seek qualified candidates who share our values and the desire to create a warm and professional hospitality environment with a winning attitude. We offer flexible scheduling, competitive pay and benefits, and an environment where we enjoy our work and each other.
We invite you to express your interest by completing the employment form below.
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact, and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – the ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of restaurant service
- High aptitude in working with numbers and able to efficiently use a calculator
- Inventory & Supplies – knowledge of inventory tracking and control procedures
- Purchasing – knowledge of projecting for and ordering supplies
Experience / Education:
Experience as a Banquet Server required and additional experience as a Banquet Captain or supervisory experience preferred; high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
Work is performed in a hotel environment. This position is physically demanding as it requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, moderate computer keying using both hands, viewing material on a computer screen and lifting up to 65 pounds. Requires flexible working hours including nights and weekends; extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, please use the form below