About the Property
The Hampton Inn by Hilton Nashua consistently has clean rooms, award-winning customer service, and offers a free hot breakfast creating real value for guests that are willing to pay a little more. Our guests who are looking to enjoy a little down time, love our salt-water pool and hot tub to play and relax in. Our Hampton Inn by Hilton is a preferred choice to our guests because they know we love having them here.
We have been a staple in the Nashua community since our opening in 2009. In our 10 years, we have earned four Circle of Excellence and two LightHouse Awards from Hilton as being one of the top Hampton Inn by Hiltons in the United States. In early 2019, we underwent a partial guest room renovation replacing all carpet, wallpaper, and desk chairs. Our team lives by our core values, Fun, Concern for Others, Trust, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement. We focus on career development and promotion – people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career, and not just a job, you may have found the right place for you!
Requirements for applicants looking to work at the Hampton Inn Nashua are simple, you need to be a team player, willing to have fun on the job, and be all in on creating the best customer service in New Hampshire. Benefits for all team members are discounts at other Olympia Hotel Management properties and Hilton Hotels, amazing opportunities for cross-training in different departments, career development, extensive training, and, of course, a happy management team always displaying a smile. Full-Time team members will get additional benefits up to and including Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, and Holiday pay.
If you would like to join our team or would like to learn more about us, feel free to fill out an online application or visit us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Nashua, 407 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH 03063. We are located off Exit 8 on Route 3. We are an easy 20 minutes commute from the Merrimack/Bedford/Manchester area and only 25 minutes from Lowell.
In order to apply for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Upon hire you must complete the I-9 form within the first 3 days of employment.
We expect our employees to approach their work with passion, enthusiasm, and attention to customer satisfaction. We also expect our employees to champion, embrace and live the company values: Fun, Accountability, Concern for Others, Continuous Improvement, and Trust. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them as guides to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Regular attendance and reporting to work on time, ready to begin your shift is an essential function of employment (being tardy places an unfair burden on the team)
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including weekends, nights, holidays) to meet hotel/guest needs
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing (i.e. use appropriate language, display proper tone, attitude and body language when communicating)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions as directed by supervisor/manager
- Working Safely is a condition of employment. All employees must follow the safety policies
- Performing the job duties as described. (Reasonable accommodations will be considered in accommodating disabilities. If you believe you need an accommodation, please speak with your supervisor, General Manager, or Human Resources)
Expectations of all Employees:
- Be polite, courteous and helpful to all guests and coworkers, displaying a positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism consistent with the company values
- Acknowledge our guests with a smile and friendly “hello.” Promptly attend to guest needs
- Comply with all hotel policies and procedures, i.e. Employee Handbook, Conduct Policy, Safety Policy, etc.
- Comply with guest privacy standards
- Report to your supervisor or the MOD, immediately, all injuries occurring while on duty, no matter how minor. (Fraud, Dishonesty and False Statements regarding an injury will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination)
- Act as a safety and security agent by identifying and reporting potential risks to guests and/or employees to the Manager or General Manager
- Arrive to work on time (follow call-out policy), and in appropriate work attire, (uniform, foot wear and name tag) neat in appearance
- Complete work in a timely manner and meet productivity standards/expectations
- Keep work area clean, neat, and well organized
- Demonstrate a team behavior and attitude of working together effectively to accomplish tasks (even if outside specific job duties)
- Seek approval from management prior to working overtime (i.e. punching in early or staying beyond scheduled shift)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete tasks according to required standards within set time limits (i.e., minutes per occupied room)
- Stock cart sufficiently based on room assignments
- Utilize reports from Executive Housekeeper to avoid disturbing guests and maximize efficiency
- Wear protective gear such as gloves, goggles, kneepads, etc. to work safely and prevent injury
- Remove all dirty linen from beds and bathrooms and assess for blood borne pathogens. (It is the expectation that beds be stripped and refreshed with “clean” linen. Choosing NOT to change bedding will result in corrective action up to and including immediate termination.)
- Remove trash and replace liners where necessary
- Make beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases, clean mirrors, windows and frames, dust all furniture, fixtures and frames; ensure furnishings and fixtures are cleaned and placed properly (perform deep cleaning tasks when necessary)
- Clean entire bathroom including floors, tubs, toilets, sinks and surfaces by kneeling, bending, squatting
- Read and follow safety labels on chemical bottles (Do Not Mix); understands the uses of all cleaning equipment; refer to MSDS sheets before use
- Clean carpeting with vacuum and hose attachments for corners and edges
- Turn in all articles found in room to Executive Housekeeper; ensure items are properly dated, bagged and tagged
- Ensure all guest supplies are replenished daily consistent with brand standards
- Delete any existing voicemail messages on telephone
- Verify items in guestroom are in good working order including TV’s, lights, radio/clocks, hair dryer, coffee makers, A/C, heat
- Communicate problems needing repair to maintenance, timely
- Report to Supervisor any potential dangers including suspicious behavior, broken glass, leaks, electrical issues, etc. (Do not attempt to dispose of dangerous substance without supervision)
- Promote security by keeping doors locked; restrict access to guestrooms and keep keys on person at all times; keep carts in front of doorways while inside the guestroom
- Report damage, abuse or smoking in non-smoking rooms to the Supervisor
- Check climate control for working conditions and leave on appropriate temperature before leaving the room
Provide high-level customer service, communicate effectively with guests and team members, follow instructions, ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, and maintain composure when working under pressure.
Experience / Education:
Prior housekeeping/cleaning experience and customer service experience preferred.
This is a very physically demanding job that requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, twisting and kneeling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (See Physical Requirements section for detailed information).
Hampton Inn Nashua
407 Amherst Street
Nashua NH, 03063
TITLE: Room Attendant
FT/PT: Part Time
To apply for this job, please use the form below